9.04.2010

chocolate chip muffins.

Sometimes, I just want to be able to throw something together 1) in one or two bowls; 2) with ingredients I already have on hand; 3) in under 10 minutes. This recipe? Check, check, check. I was curious to try it after it was billed on smittenkitchen as "Perfect Blueberry Muffins." And they are pretty close to perfect. I particularly like that the recipe only makes 10 muffins, so, especially if you're sharing, you're not stuck with too many muffins that never taste quite as good the next day. Also, I'll take any opportunity, even if premature, to use my fun muffin liners with autumn leaves on them. (Thanks, Mom!)

I was enjoying eating my fresh blueberries by themselves too much to sacrifice them to muffins, so I threw chocolate chips in here. If you use blueberries or any other berry, a little lemon zest would be nice.



Chocolate Chip Muffins
adapted from smittenkitchen

5 tbsp. butter, softened
1/3 c. sugar
1 egg
3/4 c. sour cream or plain yogurt
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 c. chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 375F. Line muffin tin with paper liners.

2. Beat butter and sugar in electric mixer on med. speed until fluffy. Add egg and beat well, then sour cream/yogurt.

3. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and soda, and salt. Add half to mixer and mix until combined. Stir in the rest just until flour disappears. (*Overmixing = tough muffins.) Fold in chocolate chips.

4. Distribute batter among muffin cups. Bake for 25-30 mins., until tops are golden and a knife comes out clean; let cool on rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment